You are able to make an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative wedding certification package—if you or the individual you’re trying to get were hitched (plus the wedding registered) within the state.
Your registered celebrant or minister that is registered of must record your wedding with us. We do not automatically deliver a certification whenever a wedding is registered. You will need to get one.
You can find 3 forms of wedding certificate—standard, ceremonial and commemorative. Merely a standard wedding certification can be utilized for formal purposes and evidence of change of title through wedding. You may want to make use of your marriage that is standard certificate signing up to federal federal government agencies and banking institutions.
The marriage that is ceremonial directed at you by the subscribed celebrant or authorized minister of faith just isn’t formal. You can’t make use of it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages consist of a marriage certificate that is standard.
The interstate or overseas registering authority to get your certificate if you were married outside Queensland, contact.
Just how to use
It will require you significantly less than ten full minutes to fill this application form in.
- Answer the questions.
- Select the way you want to spend the charge.
- Review your details.
- Browse the e-mail we give you to discover just how to finalise the job.
- Get evidence of ID papers certified with a Justice for the Peace or any other person that is authorised.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or perhaps in individual.
- Fill out the wedding application form that is certificate
Post your finished application, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), together with your certified papers to:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We will start to process the job as soon as we get your articles.
Processing timeframes for properly completed applications that have got all the proof that is required of and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional cost)
- 2 company days for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to provide your wedding certification to your target.
Browse any one of the following locations:
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at degree 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs when you look at the grouped Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your finished application kind, or printed order receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if needed).
You immediately, unless registered before 1963 if you submit your correctly filled out application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre and the marriage has already been registered, the certificate will be given to.
In the event that wedding ended up being registered before 1963, the certification will likely be prepared after 2.30pm the next working day. Urgent certificates ($29.35) may be prepared in 3 hours ( or the next working day in the event that you use after 1.30pm).
Processing timeframes for properly done applications which can be submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company days for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional charge)
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable additional time for Australia Post to supply your wedding certification to your address.
JPs when you look at the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your initial evidence of ID along with other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times remain exactly the same, and begin from the time you have got confirmed your ID.
Spend the charge
The total price is determined whenever you fill out the applying type on line. You can easily spend:
- By charge card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer support centre
- By EFTPOS or bank card
- With money
- With a continuing company account cheque
- With a bank cheque
- With a cash purchase
- Through the mail
- By bank card
- With a continuing business account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- With a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash requests payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We try not to accept cheques that are personal.
|Item||cost marriage that is commemorative package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed when you look at the cost when you purchase a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You are able to request to own your certification posted by registered or express post for a cost.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
E-mail bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we reply to online enquiries within 2 company times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines open Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs can be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
If you should be struggling to finish the form online, you need to use the PDF application form thereby applying by post or perhaps in individual.
Do so online
Correct a certification
See how to alter incorrect or lacking information from the full time regarding the occasion.